For the first few weeks of this class, we have been doing a lot of 'little' things with the purpose of simply exploring words. The rest of the semester you will be using words in your writing and really trying to impact others (or just yourself) with the words you use. We started out talking about the nonverbals of words (figurative language, fonts, sizes, colors, spacing, etc!). Here are some of the projects you completed:
- ABCs of your life (playing with nonverbals of words)
- One little word (picking the word that holds a powerful meaning for you)
- Figurative language workshop projects (there were three of these)
- Found Poetry (placement of your words)
- Writer's journal entries (the list of your favorite words) . . .
This is quite an undertaking for what I expect you to do. Therefore, use your time wisely, and know that you will need to use some out of class time to work on these projects. Unfortunately I cannot stop time for you to work in class. There will be a few days of work time for you, but then we must continue on. Time is short and you guys think you need to graduate. :)
Due Date - Monday, February 13 (for #1) & Thursday, February 16 (for #2)